Finnabair inspired mixed media canvas

I'm a huge fan of Finnabair and i love her mixed media collages, and it was time to give this a try.
I printed a picture of me on photo paper and glued it with gel medium on a canvas in size of 18x24cm.
As the first step i used fixative spray to protect the picture and black gesso to prepare the rest of the canvas.
Then i started to build my composition with metal embellishments, chipboardpieces and other small embellishments. After i glued all pieces with gel medium, i covered them with black gesso. As last step i added some artalchemy paints and white gesso to hightlight everything.
products i used:
Amsterdam black gesso
Amsterdam extra heavy gel medium
metal embellishments from Retrokraftshop
chipboards from Snipart
Finnabair artalchemy paints:
'deep water', 'opal magic pink blue', 'opal magic aqua rose' 'white pearl'
Amsterdam white gesso 

Kommentare

  1. I always show my project with photos because it is stained. If I understood correctly. you put some fixative for pastel for example, to protect your photo?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. hi, i used a simple acrylic varnish, its a spray, its available matt and gloss, for this photo i used matt. I hope this helps

      Löschen
  2. Je rate toujours je voulais dire !

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

steampunk style with texture

dreamcatcher mixed media canvas